Why the new 'Dmitri AIR App' [in Adobe AIR technology] has been launched?
Dmitri was developed utilizing 'Adobe Flash'. Flash web apps are rich web applications
that had many of the characteristics of desktop application software. The web apps
allowed the use of interactive features, background menus, WYSIWYG editing, etc.
and were supported by all major internet browsers.
Major browser vendors, such as Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer,
have already announced that they will stop supporting Flash after December 2020.
So, after December 2020, you will no longer be able to access Dmitri through your internet browser.
The Dmitri AIR app will be the way you access Dmitri going forward.
As such Dmitri will be made available via the Dmitri AIR app and will run and provide
the same functionality as supported currently through the internet browser version.
Installing the Dmitri AIR App, is a simple two-step process, detailed below.
Please note that once you have accomplished the above, users will automatically
receive the newer versions of the application. Also, through the end of the year
you can use both versions simultaneously.
- Download and install the Adobe AIR runtime environment by clicking here: Get Adobe AIR .
- Download and install the Dmitri AIR app by clicking the download button below.
If you do not have administrative rights on your desktop or laptop, you will need to ask for assistance from your IT Administrators to help you install Adobe AIR and Dmitri AIR App.
What is Adobe AIR?
- Adobe AIR is a framework for desktop applications.
- Further technical details are as follows:
- Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) is a cross-platform runtime environment for building
rich Internet applications using Adobe Flex, HTML, or Ajax, that can be deployed
as desktop application. AIR, the Adobe integrated runtime from Adobe systems, has
been in developments since a decade.
- The AIR apps can be deployed on almost all operating systems.
- Using AIR technology apps can be created that combine benefits of web application
like network connectivity, rich media content, easy development and broad reach
with the strengths of the desktop applications like offline access to information,
rich interactive experience.
- Adobe has succeeded to bring rich Internet applications to the Desktop and also
made it very easy to transform a web application to a desktop one.
- Should there be other technical questions, please get in touch with your Account